Infinity Foundation India was incorporated in Aug 2016 at Chennai with the aim to carry out activities conducive to the character of the Indian Nation and to the advancement of national integrity, education which will help build an Indian civilizational grand narrative. There are four tracks of activities:
- Original R&D/book publishing on various topics on Indian civilization and culture
- Swadeshi Indology Conference series: This conference is intended to take up the subject matters and produce more scholarship and publish more books. The idea is to build a Home Team of intellectuals of the highest standard.
- E-learning: Through this track, IFI develops courses based on topics where it has research leadership.
- Outreach. This includes popular level mass distribution, using media and social media.
Areas of research include:
- Development of Indian Grand Narrative
- History of Indian Science and Technology
- Impact of Artificial Intelligence on:
- Dharmic critique of 5 waves of Indology – Socialism/ Marxism, Postcolonial studies, Postmodernism, Subalternism, Neocolonialism
- Digestion/ Appropriation, U-turn Theory and Western Universalism
- Sanskrit Non-Translatables book proposals from various subject areas
Swadeshi Indology Conference Series
The Swadeshi Indology (“SI”) Conference series has been envisioned to counter the 250-year-old narrative of Western Indology, the genre of Orientalism that focuses on India. As is well known, Western Indology helped formulate and legitimize the British colonial policies and played a very crucial role in the successful colonization and oppression of the Indian peoples. The Swadeshi Indology Conference Series and publications intend to analyze and respond to the well-orchestrated, systematic attack on:
- the foundational elements (the Veda-s, Upanishad-s, Itihasa-s, and Puraṇa-s),
- the living principles (the purushartha-s and the varṇashrama system),
- the cultural manifestations (shastra-s, kavya-s, and kala-s) and
- the sacredness of the still living articulations (art, temples, kumbha-mela, festivals, family and social-structures)
From 2016 till date, IFI has conducted 6 SI conferences on various issues pertaining to the advancement of national integrity, education and the building of an Indian civilizational narrative.
In the year FY2020 (1st April 2019 to 31st March 2020), one Swadeshi Indology conference was organized in collaboration with Delhi University at their campuses on the 1 and 2 August 2019.
SI – 6: Saraswati: A Paradigm Shift in Indology
The sixth Swadeshi Indology conference titled Saraswati: A Paradigm Shift in Indology, in association with the Bharat Patriot Foundation, was conducted at and brought into highlight the key breakthroughs in research on the River Saraswati Civilization.
Major General Dr. G.D. Bakshi traced the structure and objectives of the seminar and Shri Prahlad Singh Patel, the Union Minister for Culture delivered the Inaugural Address. Padma Bhushan B.B. Lal spoke in his keynote address of the major milestones that have marked research into the Saraswati Civilization. Eminent historians, academicians and archeologists and others presented papers on cutting edge research on this topic, and a partial list is given below:
- Dr Vasant Shinde – Internationally renowned archaeologist
- Dr. B K Bhadra – ISRO
- R S Bisht – Padma Shri awardee and Indus Valley Civilization expert
- A K Shrivastava, Former Director – ASI
Lectures, Discussions and Educational Videos
Infinity Foundation India was involved in organizing interviews and panel discussion where a wide range of social, economic and cultural issues were discussed.
A discussion series titled “Youth Asks” was organized in Bangalore in July 2019 between Infinity Foundation India staff and Rajiv Malhotra on various civilizational challenges being faced by India and what can be done to overcome such issues. The discussion has been videotaped and made available for public consumption.
Below is presented a list of the videos:
|1||Is Western Universalism a Prison?|
|2||Western Influence on Indians|
|3||Pop Culture Vs Deep Culture|
|4||Why Protect Sanskrit?|
|5||Origins of Feminism & Colonialism|
Discussion on Ayurveda
Infinity Foundation India organized a very important discussion with noted Ayurveda expert Dr P Rammanohar in Bangalore. He discussed the science behind Ayurveda and how different it is from the Western Medical System. He explains in length about the difference in understanding of the human body and the science behind creating a balance within the Ayurveda system of medicine.
Below is presented a list of the videos:
|1||Ayurveda & Science of Balance|
|2||Prakriti ≠ Constitution/Body Type|
|3||Vaidya ≠ Doctor|
|4||Dosha ≠ Humour|
Educational Series on Carnatic Music
In another very interesting series of lectures organized by Infinity Foundation India in Bengaluru, noted Carnatic Vocalist Vidushi K. Vrinda Acharya explained the significance of Sanskrit culture related to (South) Indian Music or Carnatic Music. She elaborated on the wisdom and intensity of these technical terms, how they are integrated with the ethos of Indian culture.
She observed that retaining the original terms as non-translatables is very essential to prevent the digestion of Carnatic music into World music. The videos were made available towards educating the public on this very important aspect of Indian culture.
|1||Introduction to Non-translatables of (South) Indian Music|
|2||Nada ≠ Sound|
|3||Shruti ≠ Semitone|
|4||Raga ≠ Melody|
|5||Laya ≠ Rhythm|
|6||Gamaka has no equivalent|
|7||Kala ≠ Speed|
|8||Mela has no equivalent|
Launch of Intellectual Kshatriya Portal
In October 2019, Infinity Foundation India launched its educational portal called “Intellectual Kshatriya”. The reason for launching the platform was to provide an opportunity for scholars on Indian civilization to share their research and editorials on different aspects of Indian civilization and culture.
More than 35 engaging essays, written by researchers and scholars from various disciplines across India, were published in the IK portal after receiving guidance as well as review by the in-house editorial team. There were discussions on different topics like spirituality, mind sciences, leadership, Dharma, social issues and other topics. 5 popular articles are mentioned below.
- Adhyatma as Mind Science
- Millennials And Dharma
- Soul Is Anitya, Atma Is Not
- Plagiarism in US Universities
Educational Material in Hindi
In order to disseminate IFI’s scholarship, educational videos were dubbed in Hindi. A list of some of the important videos are given below: